As the end of the year approaches, so , too, does BNCW's annual election of association leadership for the coming year! BNCW is seeking members who have an interest in serving on the Association’s Board of Directors. Specifically, BNCW is governed by a 15-member Board of Directors, and is comprised of members who are elected by the Association's membership on an annual basis.
Each director serves a four-year term, beginning in January, subsequent to his or her election. The business and affairs of Building North Central Washington are managed under the direction of the Board of Directors. Here are a few of the more important duties our directors perform as members of BNCW’s Board:
Board Responsibilities (in part) -
• Approves operating and capital budgets
• Represents the membership of the association
• Understands issues facing the organization
• Ensures proper use of assets
• Establishes short- and long-range organizational goals
• Establishes the policies governing the association
• Approves new members
• Fulfills fiduciary responsibility to the membership
• Approves the long-range and strategic plan(s) of the association
• Assures legal compliance with the bylaws of the association
According to the BNCW bylaws, Chairman Travis Hofstetter is currently preparing appointments to the BNCW Nominating Committee, who, in turn, will be seeking nominations from the membership to serve as directors, as well as those current directors who will serve as officers in 2016. A leadership ballot will be presented to our BNCW members in the coming weeks—be watching for it and please be sure to cast your vote!
If you have an interest in serving the Association in this important role, and would like more information, please feel free to contact either Chairman Travis Hofstetter at (509) 670-8129, or Marc Straub at (509) 293-5840. Directors meet monthly and terms are four years.